We are doing everything we can to ensure our Ryton Studio meets Government COVID-19 secure guidelines for indoor fitness; this includes:
- Limiting class sizes to maintain 2m distance between mats
- Windows will be opened regularly to encourage ventilation
- Hand sanitiser & hand washing areas are provided
- Additional waiting room available to reduce congestion
- All shoes & belongings should be removed before entering Studio, placed in a bag & hung on the hook near your mat
- Cleaning after classes, daily cleaning of touchpoints, several weekly deep cleans
Things will be a bit different – but working together we can help protect each other by:
- Please arrive no earlier than 5-10 mins before your class
- Please enter the building one person at a time and keep your distance from anyone nearby
- Use the hand sanitiser provided at top of stairs & waiting area or wash your hands – CLEAN HANDS BEFORE & AFTER CLASS
- There’s a hand washing area and waiting area in the back room
- Remove your shoes, place in a bag & take into the Studio. Use the hooks provided near each mat.
- Places have been marked out in the Studio to maintain 2 metres social distance
- After class, clean your hands, & leave promptly to reduce congestion in the building
Thanks for your co-operation!
Sure – this will be a bit tricky!
If you feel uncomfortable about the possibility of being close to others on the stairs, please wear a face covering. Steps we will take to help ease congestion:
- We will keep the external door open
- Stay 2m behind anyone in front of you on stairs & in waiting areas
- Arrive no more than 5-10mins before class in order to limit congestion on stairs and in waiting areas
- After class, please leave promptly, after cleaning your hands, to reduce congestion as the next class arrives
- Be kind, be sensible!
Thanks for your co-operation!
Our friends at Trinity have worked really hard to implement COVID-19 secure procedures, please follow their guidance when you arrive at the Centre. There is a one way system in place and sanitiser stations throughout the building. Please allow plenty of time to get to your class and lay out your mat. Spaces have been marked out in the room to maintain social distancing during classes. Face coverings are optional during class. However, at the time of writing, 14th July 2020, the government has just announced face coverings will be mandatory in shops in England from 24th July. Please check latest government advice prior to attending your next class.
Face coverings are optional during class. However, at the time of writing, 14th July 2020, the government has just announced face coverings will be mandatory in shops in England from 24th July. Please check latest government advice prior to attending your next class.
Advice to the fitness industry is that face coverings may hinder oxygen uptake during intense exercise. During exercise a mask may become damp after 10-15mins, which renders the mask ineffective as droplets can be transferred through damp cloth. (Source: ReActive/Future Fit, COVID-19 Awareness Training 2020). Pilates is a gentle class so you may not experience this, however, it is up to each individual.
Yes please do bring your own mat!
If you have an injury or can’t bring a mat we have some you can use at the Ryton Studio. We just ask you clean them after use with the wipes provided.
Sorry – we don’t have spare mats at Gosforth.
Please stay home, rest & get well soon!
Yes, you can! Pleased to say that if you have any weeks left of your online block you can book the equivalent number of face-to-face classes at Ryton or Gosforth. Your block still includes online access. This means you can still do unlimited online Pilates – a combination of Zoom classes and recorded classes for the number of weeks remaining on your block!
See the FAQs “Can I buy a block of sessions for Ryton or Gosforth?” for more information about buying a block.
- UNLIMITED online access to as many Zoom classes and the Recorded Classes library as you want every week (in addition to your Trinity class!)
- FREE access to the Recorded Classes library during instructor’s holidays (no extra charge for weeks Kirsty is away!)
- YEAR ROUND PILATES – as long as you are registered and have a block in credit you can do Pilates 365 days a year!
We totally understand! During periods of inactivity previous aches & pains can return. If you are shielding to protect yourself or a family member we can support you by continuing offer online Pilates classes. Just make sure you let us know if you have any new injury’s or health concerns not declared on your registration form. We can help you get the best from the online sessions.